Held in one of South Australia’s best-kept secrets, and just 45 minutes from the CBD, the half marathon course takes in the Shiraz Trail between McLaren Vale and Willunga, with a loop along the rail trail between McLaren Vale and Seaford. The 10km and 5km courses are a fast dash towards Willunga and back.
These runners have run this race more than once, Maybe you will be joining them? HAVE A LOOK HERE
The McLaren Vale half-marathon course has been measured to AIMS standards.
Due to COVID-19 Safe plans we will use a self-seeding 3 chutes system with run thru while maintaining 1.5m between you and the runner in front. Overall winners will be calculated on gun time and should start first. All others (incl age group awards) will be calculated on nett time. (the time starts when you cross the start line)
On Race day
0800 Start of 21.1km Half Marathon – 3 chute run thru Start
0840 Start of 10km - 3 chute run thru Start
0855 Start of 5km - 3 chute run thru Start
- Finisher Medal for all Events
- Electronic Timing & Certificate
- Drink Stations
- First Aid
- Water, sports drink and fruit at finish
- Create your own post-event experience in the beautiful McLaren Vale region
- Event photography for purchase from GeoSnapShot
We pre-order medals, and you will receive a finisher medal unless we run out. (We expect to have pre-ordered enough, but can’t guarantee this for late Registers).
If you were in the first three male or female finishers in any distance your achievement will be recognised at our Placegetters Awards ceremony.
If you place in your ten-year age category you will receive an additional award at the Age Group Awards ceremonies.
Event Schedule (Race Weekend)
Bib Pickup times
- Friday 15/10: 12:00pm – 6:00pm SARRC Office 467 Morphett St Adelaide (South Terrace end)
- Saturday 16/10: 9:00am – 1:00pm SPORTITUDE, 20 Manton St, Hindmarsh
- Saturday 16/10: 3:00pm – 5:00pm Hardys Tintara Winery 202 Main Road McLaren Vale
- Sunday 17/10 Race Day: 6:30am - 8:55am Hardys Tintara Winery 202 Main Road McLaren Vale
On Race day
08:00 Start of 21.1km Half Marathon - self-seeding 3 chutes system (see above)
08:40 Start of 10km - self-seeding 3 chutes system (see above)
08:55 Start of 5km - self-seeding 3 chutes system (see above)
Online registrations close 11.59pm Wednesday 14 October.
EVENT ENTRY COSTS
|No event cost table available. Could be an old event.
NOTE: Members usually get 20% Discount off General Fees on all events- CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!