Hills to Henley 2023
23 July 2023 08:00:00
Hills to Henley River Run (renamed from Greenbelt Challenge) takes advantage of sealed off-road trails through Linear Park following the River Torrens / Karrawirra Parri.
Distances available at Hills to Henley 2023 are:
30km – Athelstone Recreation Reserve, Athelstone to Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach (adjacent Henley Sailing Club)
21.1km – Felixstowe Reserve, River Dr, Felixstow to Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach
10km – Out and back from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach
5km – Out and back from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach
Super Early Bird Entries Closes: 11:59pm on Wed 23rd April 2022
Early Bird Entries Closes: 11:59pm on Mon 20th June 2022
ONLINE Entry Closes: 11:59pm on Wed 19th July 2022
Late Entry's Closes 20 minutes before start times
12:00pm to 5:00pm – Bib Collection – Sportitude, 20 Manton St Hindmarsh
9:00am to 12:00pm – Bib Collection – Sportitude, 20 Manton St Hindmarsh
6.15am: Athelstone Bus #1 (30K) Departure from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve arriving 6:55am
6.30am: Athelstone Bus #2 (30K) Departure from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve Arriving 7:10am
6.30am: Felixstowe Bus #1 (21.1K) Departure from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve arriving 7:00am
6.45am: Felixstowe Bus #2 (21.1K) Departure from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve arriving 7:15am
7:00am: Bib Collection Opens (Athelstone Recreation Reserve, Felixstowe Reserve and Harold and Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach).
8:00am: 30 km start (from Athelstone Recreation Reserve)
8:00am: 21 km start (from Felixstowe Reserve)
8:30am: 10km start (from Harold and Cynthia Anderson Reserve)
8:45am 5km start(from Harold and Cynthia Anderson Reserve)
9:30am: Winners presentations for 5K
9:35am: Winners presentations for 10K
9:40am: Age Group Awards for 5K
9:50am: Age Group Awards for 10K
10:00am: Winners Awards for 21.1K
10:10am: Winners Awards for 30K
10.15am: Kids run registration and event (Kids Course)
10:30am: Age Group Awards 21.1K
11.00pm: Age Group Awards 30K
12:30pm: Course closure
You are strongly encouraged to collect your race bib (or do Late Entries) at Bib Collection on Friday & Saturday from Sportitude, Hindmarsh - 20 Manton St, Hindmarsh
On race day, Bib collection for 30K & 21.1K will be at their respective start locations only from 7:00am. Bib collection for the 5Km & 10Km will be at Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve from 7:00am
NOTE: There will be no Bib pickup at Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve for 21K & 30K participants.
- We pre-order medals, and you will receive a finisher medal unless we run out. (We expect to have pre-ordered enough, but can’t guarantee this for late Registers).
- If you were in the first three male or female finishers in any distance your achievement will be recognised at our Placegetters Awards ceremony.
- If you place in your ten-year age category you will receive an additional award at the Age Group Awards ceremonies.
30Km – Race start is in a new location this year, starting from Athelstone Recreation Reserve at 8:00am. Bib collection, Bag drop and toilets will be available at the reserve from 7:00am with the actual start line a short 100m warm-up to the path behind the reserve. Please allow 5min to make your way to the start. Dropped bags will be transported to the finish and will be available at the Bag Drop Marquee on display of your race number.
[Site Map – 30K Start]
21Km – Race start is in a new location on River Drive this year, starting from Felixstowe Reserve Peninsula at 8:00am. Bib collection, Bag drop and toilets will be available at the reserve from 7:00am Dropped bags will be transported to the finish and will be available at the Bag Drop Marquee on display of your race number. Parking Map
5Km / 10Km Start & Finish - The start of the 5Km and 10Km events will be at the Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach. Bib collection, Bag drop and toilets will be available at the reserve from 7:00am
Kids Run - 400m - Open to all kids under 12. The start of the Kids Run will be on Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, Kids will run to the far end of the reserve and turn onto the pedestrian path and return to the entrance to the finish cute where they will do a sharp turn and finish under the finish arch to receive their kids run medal. (Course Map)
There will be 9 drink stations, one every 3 to 4Kms with water. Every second (even numbered) drink stop will also have an electrolyte drink. Water will also be available at the race starts and Water and Sports Drinks will be available at the finish. Due to Covid, no food will be available on course. Fruit will available at the finish line.
Photographers will once again be on course and at the finish line to take photos. Give them a friendly smile as you pass. Photographs will be available after the event on our Facebook page and in the SARRC Photo Gallery.
Pre-start bus transport will be available from the finish to the 21K and 30km starts.
If you did not previously buy a bus ticket when you entered, you can still buy one using this link HERE.
SARRC's Covid Management Plan for the events requires all participants to maximise social distancing. This impacts how you will start, how your time will be recorded and how placings will be calculated.
BEFORE RACE DAY
- Check your entry timing details from Friday before race day using this online results link: C The same details will be displayed on boards when you collect your bib. The bib has an electronic timing tag on the back linked to you and the race you have entered, so you cannot use someone else's bib. Notify officials at bib pick-up if any of your entry information needs changing eg you are changing races.. You can also write your name on your bib if you wish.
ON RACE DAY
- Attach the bib at WAIST HEIGHT (NOT chest!) to the OUTSIDE FRONT of whatever you will be wearing. Do not bend or fold the tag or tamper with it. Please arrive with only enough time to prepare for your start, so 30 minutes or less beforehand. The start line location are given above. The finish line is at Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach (adjacent Henley Sailing Club). Further information will be provided closer to the event.
- within a minute of entrants passing through a timing point their times and placings will be uploaded to this weblink
- within a minute of them finishing, entrants will be able to see their time and placings, and click icons for social media.
AFTER RACE DAY
- After finish line video has been uploaded, re-visit the results page to get a link to your finish moment.
- All results will be “Provisional” until 6pm Wednesday after the event, after which they will be “Final”. Queries must be emailed to
- You can then download your Official Results Certificate. All your previous SARRC event results and certificates since 2010 are also available at the SARRC Results page.
EVENT ENTRY COSTS
NOTE: Members usually get 20% Discount off General Fees on all events CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!