Hills to Henley River Run (renamed from Greenbelt Challenge) takes advantage of sealed off-road trails through Linear Park following the River Torrens / Karrawirra Parri.
Construction Update: Construction on the path between Tapleys Hill and Seaview is still ongoing and as a result, we no longer have access to Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve as our finish location. Underdale High School has kindly agreed to allow us to use their oval as this years race village. As a result, the course has been changed to accomodate this change in venue.
Distances available at Hills to Henley 2023 are:
30km – Athelstone Recreation Reserve*, Athelstone to Underdale High School Oval, Riverview Drive, Lockleys
21.1km – Silkes Rd Bridge on Mahogany Ave, Dernancourt to Underdale High School Oval, Riverview Drive, Lockleys
10km – Out and back from Underdale High School Oval, Riverview Drive, Lockleys
5km – Out and back from Underdale High School Oval, Riverview Drive, Lockleys
* Due to delays on the Linear Trail construction at St Peters, there will be a detour through St Peters from Player Ave to Harrow Rd. Detour Map
ONLINE Entry are CLOSED
Late Entry's Closes 20 minutes before start times
12:00pm to 5:00pm – Bib Collection – Sportitude, 20 Manton St Hindmarsh
9:00am to 12:00pm – Bib Collection – Sportitude, 20 Manton St Hindmarsh
6.30am: Athelstone Bus #1 (30K) Departure from Underdale High School Oval, Riverview Drive, Lockleys arriving 6:55am
6.45am: Athelstone Bus #2 (30K) Departure from Underdale High School Oval, Riverview Drive, Lockleys Arriving 7:10am
6.30am: Dernancourt Bus #1 (21.1K) Departure from Underdale High School Oval, Riverview Drive, Lockleys arriving 7:00am
6.45am: Dernancourt Bus #2 (21.1K) Departure from Underdale High School Oval, Riverview Drive, Lockleys arriving 7:15am
7:00am: Bib Collection Opens (Athelstone Recreation Reserve, Silkes Rd Bridge and Underdale High School Oval, Riverview Drive, Lockleys).
8:00am: 30 km start (from Athelstone Recreation Reserve)
8:00am: 21 km start (from Silkes Rd Bridge, Dernancourt) Note: Changed Location
8:00am: 10km start (from Underdale High School Oval, Riverview Drive, Lockleys) Note: Changed Start Time
8:10am 5km start(from Underdale High School Oval, Riverview Drive, Lockleys) Note: Changed Start Time
9:00am: Winners presentations for 5K
9:10am: Winners presentations for 10K
9:20am: Age Group Awards for 5K
9:30am: Age Group Awards for 10K
10:00am: Winners Awards for 21.1K
10:10am: Winners Awards for 30K
10.15am: Kids run registration and event (Kids Course)
10:30am: Age Group Awards 21.1K
11.00pm: Age Group Awards 30K
12:30pm: Course closure
You are strongly encouraged to collect your race bib (or do Late Entries) at Bib Collection on Friday & Saturday from Sportitude, Hindmarsh - 20 Manton St, Hindmarsh
On race day, Bib collection for 30K & 21.1K will be at their respective start locations only from 7:00am. Bib collection for the 5Km & 10Km will be at Underdale High School Oval from 7:00am
NOTE: There will be no Bib pickup at Underdale High School Oval for 21K & 30K participants.
30Km – Race start is at Athelstone Recreation Reserve at 8:00am. Bib collection, Bag drop and toilets will be available at the reserve from 7:00am. Runners bags can be handed in to the Bag Drop Van situated in the car park. Dropped bags will be transported to the finish and will be available at the Bag Drop Marquee on display of your race number. There is limited parking in the Athelstone Recreation Reserve car park. Site Map
21Km – Race start is in a new location at Silkes Rd bridge on Mahogany Ave in Dernancourt this year, starting at 8:00am. Bib collection, Bag drop and toilets will be available from 7:00am Dropped bags will be transported to the finish and will be available at the Bag Drop Marquee on display of your race number. Parking will be entirely on the local streets. Please allow enough time to find a park and get to Bib Pickup / Bag Drop in time. Site Map
5Km / 10Km Start & Finish - The start of the 5Km and 10Km events will be at the Underdale High School Oval. Bib collection, Bag drop and toilets will be available at the oval from 7:00am
Kids Run - 400m - Open to all kids under 12. The start of the Kids Run will be on the oval. Kids will run out along the oval and return to the entrance to the finish cute where they will do a sharp turn and finish under the finish arch to receive their kids run medal.
We will be having pacers at this years event. Please take particular attention to the pacer flag as we have had to substitute flags from different events. Our 30km flags did not arrive in time so we will be substituting marathon flags, some of which don't translate exactly to pace times. Please take note of alternate flags indicated in red below.
Awards & Prize Money
In addition to the normal winners trophies and age group awards, SARRC is also awarding prize money to the 1st, 2nd & 3rd Male & Female SARRC member in the following distances.
1st SARRC Member
2nd SARRC Member
3rd SARRC Member
SARRC member must have a paid up membership as at close of general race entry as well as on Race Day (membership registration during late entry period will not be eligible for SARRC prize money).
There will be 8 drink stations, one every 3 to 4 km's with water. Drink Stations 3, 5 and 7 will also have an electrolyte drink (Infinite). Water will also be available at the race starts and Water and Sports Drinks will be available at the finish. Fruit will available at the finish line.
Photographers will once again be on course and at the finish line to take photos. Give them a friendly smile as you pass. Photographs will be available after the event on our Facebook page and in the SARRC Photo Gallery.
Pre-start bus transport will be available from the finish to the 21K and 30km starts.
If you did not previously buy a bus ticket when you entered, you can still buy one using this link HERE.
BEFORE RACE DAY
- Check your entry timing details from Friday before race day using this online results link: C The same details will be displayed on boards when you collect your bib. The bib has an electronic timing tag on the back linked to you and the race you have entered, so you cannot use someone else's bib. Notify officials at bib pick-up if any of your entry information needs changing eg you are changing races.. You can also write your name on your bib if you wish.
ON RACE DAY
- Attach the bib at WAIST HEIGHT (NOT chest!) to the OUTSIDE FRONT of whatever you will be wearing. Do not bend or fold the tag or tamper with it. Please arrive with only enough time to prepare for your start, so 30 minutes or less beforehand. The start line location are given above. The finish line is at Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach (adjacent Henley Sailing Club). Further information will be provided closer to the event.
- within a minute of entrants passing through a timing point their times and placings will be uploaded to this weblink
- within a minute of them finishing, entrants will be able to see their time and placings, and click icons for social media.
AFTER RACE DAY
- After finish line video has been uploaded, re-visit the results page to get a link to your finish moment.
- All results will be “Provisional” until 6pm Wednesday after the event, after which they will be “Final”. Queries must be emailed to
- You can then download your Official Results Certificate. All your previous SARRC event results and certificates since 2010 are also available at the SARRC Results page.
EVENT ENTRY COSTS
No event cost table available. Could be an old event.