Welcome to the 41st Adelaide Marathon Festival. Thank you for your support and we look forward to
bringing you a great event.
I have some important notes about the course which you might like to keep in mind on your way
around. Please refer to the map for the numbers.
CRITICAL COURSE JUNCTURES
REFER TO THIS MAP: CLICK HERE
1. Only the 10km turn left down the access road. The Marathon and Half Marathon continue
over the River.
2. Only the 10km turn left over the Weir. The Marathon and Half Marathon continue parallel to
3. CHANGE TO COURSE: Once departed Frome Road, Botanic Gardens is now accessed straight
on via the Gingko Gate, not the Service Gate which is to the right. Follow directional signs
and marshal commands. The Gingko Gate is set at an angle so take care when proceeding
4. Once across the pedestrian crossing on Plane Tree Drive, turn hard right and continue on the
footpath beside the road out of the gates, then turn left.
5. MARATHON RUNNERS ONLY: If you are on your first lap you MUST turn left at this junction.
ALL OTHER EVENTS (including marathoners on their second lap) continue up another
40metres then turn left down the road into the North Carpark.
In terms of the weather, we may get some light rain on the day so please be prepared for that. And
be sure to thank a volunteer on your way around, we are very blessed with the help that we receive
at this event.
So please everyone enjoy your run here at the 41st Adelaide Marathon Festival. We know that some
of you are here for your first time. Some of you are running for a very important and personal
reason. Some of you are here to run the bitumen off the road. And many of you are returning to run
this beautiful course again. However you made it to the start line we here at the South Australian
Road Runners’ Club salute you, and we look forward to seeing your smiling faces cross the finish