Shifted to 14 November 2021
The Greenbelt Challenge takes advantage of sealed off-road trails through Linear Park following the River Torrens / Karrawirra Parri. The original Greenbelt event was a half marathon. In recent years the half marathon has been merged with what was originally known as SARRC's "River Run" which later became the "Hills to Henley" 30km event. In line with other SARRC events, shorter distances are also offered.
These runners have run this race more than once, Maybe you will be joining them? HAVE A LOOK HERE This list is nearly complete for the Greenbelt Half Marathon which started over 40 years ago.
Distances available at Greenbelt Challenge 2021 are:
30km – River Drive Reserve to Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach (adjacent Henley Sailing Club)
21.1km Half Marathon – near Klemzig Interchange to Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach
10km – Out and back from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach
5km – Out and back from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach
Kids Fun Run – Short out and back from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach
There will be 10 drink stations, one every 3 to 4Kms with water. Every second (even numbered) drink stop will also have an electrolyte drink. Water will also be available at the race starts and Water and Sports Drinks will be available at the finish. Due to Covid, no food will be available on course. Fruit will available at the finish line.
You are strongly encouraged to collect your race bib (or do Late Entries) at Bib Collection on Friday & Saturday from the SARRC Office at 467 Morphett St Adelaide.On race day, Bib collection for 21K/30K will be at their respective start locations only from 7:00am.
NOTE: There will be no Bib pickup at Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve for 21K & 30K participants.
For 5K&10K participants, bib pickup will be at Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve starting from 7:00am.
- We pre-order medals, and you will receive a finisher medal unless we run out. (We expect to have pre-ordered enough, but can’t guarantee this for late Registers).
- If you were in the first three male or female finishers in any distance your achievement will be recognised at our Placegetters Awards ceremony.
- If you place in your ten-year age category you will receive an additional award at the Age Group Awards ceremonies.
ONLINE Entry Closes: Wednesday10 November 2021 at 1159pm
Late entry Closes 20 minutes before start times
12:00pm to 5:00pm – Bib Collection – SARRC Office , 467 Morphett St
9:00am to 12:00pm – Bib Collection – SARRC Office , 467 Morphett St
6.15am: Athelstone Bus #1 (30K) Departure from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve
6.30am: Athelstone Bus #2 (30K) Departure from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve
6.30am: Klemzig Bus #1 (21K) Departure from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve
6.45am: Klemzig Bus #2 (21K) Departure from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve
7:00am: Bib Collection Opens (River Drive Reserve, Klemzig Interchange, Harold and Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach).
8:00am: 30 km start (from River Drive Reserve)
8:00am: 21.1 km start (from Klemzig Interchange)
8:30am: 10 km start (from Harold and Cynthia Anderson reserve, West Beach).
8.45am: 5 km start (from Harold and Cynthia Anderson reserve, West Beach).
9:30am: Placegetter presentations for 5K & 10K
9:40am: Age Group Awards for 5K
9:45am: Age Group Awards for 10K
10:00am: Placegetter Awards for 21K & 30K
10.15am: Kids run registration and event
11:00am: Age Group Awards 21K
12.00pm: Age Group Awards 30K
12:30pm: Course closure
30Km – Race start is in a new location this year, starting from River Drive Reserve, River Drive, Athelstone at 8:00am. Bib collection, Bag drop and toilets will be available at the reserve from 7:00am. Please allow 10min to make your way to the start. Dropped bags will be transported to the finish and will be available at the Bag Drop Marquee on display of your race number.
[Site Map – 30K Start]
21Km – Race start is on the Linear Trail at Klemzig Interchange at 8:00am. Bib collection, Bag Drop and toilets will be available from 7:00am. Dropped bags will be transported to the finish and will be available at the Bag Drop Marquee on display of your race number. Parking / Dropoff is located at the Klemzig Interchange Car Park North only (accessible from First Ave)
[Site Map – 21K Start]
Detour (30Km/21Km only) – Due to trail work just past St Peters Billabong, we have had to detour up a flight of stairs onto Goss St and around to Old Mill Reserve before rejoining the linear trail under Hackney Bridge. Please use extreme caution when climbing the stairs, especially if they are wet. This section will be run on footpaths to minimize traffic disruption, please obey all marshal directions, and do not run on the road. [link to attached map]
5Km & 10Km – Start and Finish will be from Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve. Bib collection and Late Entry will begin at 7:00am. Course is an out and back. 10Km starts at 8:30am and 5Km starts at 8:45am. Both courses run on the same course as 21.1km and 30km turning at the 2.5km and 5km to go marks.
[Site Map – H&C Anderson Reserve]
Geosnaps photographers will once again be on course and at the finish line to take photos. Give them a friendly smile as you pass. Photographs will be available after the event at https://geosnapshot.com/e/sarrc-2021-greenbelt-challenge. There is the usual promo where if any participant buys 3 or more photos, they get 20% off (for 3 weeks after the event).
Pre-start bus transport will be available from the finish to the Half Marathon and 30km starts.
If you did not previously buy a bus ticket when you entered, you can still buy one using this link HERE.
SARRC's Covid Management Plan for the events requires all participants to maximise social distancing. This impacts how you will start, how your time will be recorded and how placings will be calculated.
BEFORE RACE DAY
- Check your entry timing details from Friday 12 November using this online results link: https://tinyurl.com/21GBELTC The same details will be displayed on boards when you collect your bib. The bib has an electronic timing tag on the back linked to you and the race you have entered, so you cannot use someone else's bib. Notify officials at bib pick-up if any of your entry information needs changing eg you are changing races. You can also write your name on your bib if you wish.
ON RACE DAY
- Attach the bib at WAIST HEIGHT (NOT chest!) to the OUTSIDE FRONT of whatever you will be wearing. Do not bend or fold the tag or tamper with it. Please arrive with only enough time to prepare for your start, so 30 minutes or less beforehand. The start line locations are given above. The finish line is at Harold & Cynthia Anderson Reserve, West Beach (adjacent Henley Sailing Club). Further information will be provided closer to the event.
- within a minute of entrants passing through a timing point their times and placings will be uploaded to this weblink
- within a minute of them finishing, entrants will be able to see their time and placings, and click icons for social media.
AFTER RACE DAY
- After finish line video has been uploaded, re-visit the results page to get a link to your finish moment.
- All results will be “Provisional” until 6pm Wednesday after the event, after which they will be “Final”. Queries must be emailed to
- You can then download your Official Results Certificate. All your previous SARRC event results and certificates since 2010 are also available at the SARRC Results page.
EVENT ENTRY COSTS
NOTE: Members usually get 20% Discount off General Fees on all events CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!