SARRC’s first half marathon of the year is held in the beautiful Clare Valley and is the first event of our Triple Crown Series which includes the Clare Valley, Greenbelt and McLaren Vale events. This is the Plains Producer Clare Valley Running Festival.
The Clare Valley is one of South Australia’s oldest wine regions and it’s world-renowned for producing elegant Rieslings. The Clare Valley Half Marathon follows part of the Riesling Trail. Come for the run… stay the weekend!
- Finisher Medal for all Events
- Electronic Timing & Certificate
- Age Category Awards
- Drink Stations
- First Aid
- Finish Line / Post Event Experience
- Event photography for purchase
12:00pm till 5:00pm Bib collection from SARRC Office – 467 Morphett St Adelaide
Saturday 17th afternoon
2:00pm till 4:00pm: Bib collection from Clare Valley Visitor Information Centre.
5:30 am: Course and village setup
6:40am: Bib collection from Clare Oval
8:00am: 21.1 km START
8:30am: 10 km START
8:50 am: 5 km START
9:00am: Kids run registration & Bib Collection (FREE)
9:30am: Winners presentations
10:00 am: Kids Run (immediately after presentations to winners)
10:15am: 5Km Age Category Awards
10:20am: 10Km Age Category Awards
10:25am: 21.1Km Age Category Awards
11.00am: Course closure
SARRC's Covid Management Plan for the Dolphin Run requires all participants to maximise social distancing. This impacts how you will start, how your time will be recorded and how placings will be calculated.
Essentially your event will become a time trial where your own precise start and finish times will determine your overall time and all resultant placings.
Starters in all events will be given a “Trickle” or “Wave” start time (WST) in advance so they can arrive and start with minimal waiting.
BEFORE RACE DAY
- Check your entry details from Friday 16 April using this online results link: (link to be provided closer to event) The same details will be displayed on boards when you collect your bib. The bib has an electronic timing tag on the back linked to you and the race you have entered, so you cannot use someone else's bib. Notify officials at bib pick-up if any of your entry information needs changing eg you are changing races. Note your WST and write it on your bib using a waterproof marker so it stands out. These times represent time of day. You can also write your name on your bib if you wish.
ON RACE DAY
- Attach the bib at WAIST HEIGHT (NOT chest!) to the OUTSIDE FRONT of whatever you will be wearing. Do not bend or fold the tag or tamper with it. Please arrive with only enough time to prepare for your start, so 30 minutes or less beforehand. The start line is on the Riesling Trail next to Station Rd near Dominic St, Clare. The finish line is on the Clare Oval. Further information will be provided closer to the event.
AFTER RACE DAY
- After finish line video has been uploaded, re-visit the results page to get a link to your finish moment.
- You can then download your Official Results Certificate. All your previous SARRC event results and certificates since 2010 are also available at the SARRC Results page.