Held in one of South Australia’s best-kept secrets, and just 45 minutes from the CBD, the half marathon course takes in the Shiraz Trail between McLaren Vale and Willunga, with a loop along the rail trail between McLaren Vale and Seaford. The 10km and 5km courses are a fast dash towards Willunga and back.
The McLaren Vale half-marathon course has been measured to AIMS standards.
Due to COVID-19 Safe plans the trickle start developed for the 2020 Adelaide Marathon will be used (the Adelaide Start).
467 Morphett St, Adelaide (South Tce end)
Friday 12-6pm, Saturday 9am-1pm
If you are unable to collect your bib from the city, it will be available for you at the Event Village at Hardys Tintara on race day. Please arrive 45-50 minutes early for pre-race collection to avoid congestion.
- Finisher Medal for all Events
(unfortunately, due to shipping delays, medals will not arrive in time for race day – once they arrive we will make them available for collection from the SARRC Office at 467 Morphett Street, Adelaide, or from the Glenelg Classic)
- Electronic Timing & Certificate
- Drink Stations
- First Aid
- Water, sports drink and fruit at finish
- Create your own post-event experience in the beautiful McLaren Vale region
- Event photography for purchase from GeoSnapShot
On Race day
0800 Start of 21.1km Half Marathon – trickle waves (Adelaide Start)
0840 Start of 10km – trickle waves (Adelaide Start)
0855 Start of 5km – trickle waves (Adelaide Start)
2020 event registrations now re-opened. Late entries will be accepted at SARRC Office.
ELECTRONIC TIMING INSTRUCTIONS
SARRC’s Covid Management Plan for the McLaren Vale Running Festival requires all participants to maximise social distancing. This impacts how you will start, how your time will be recorded and how placings will be calculated. Essentially your event will become a time trial where your own precise start and finish times will determine your overall time and all resultant placings. Starters in all events will be given a “Trickle” or “Wave” start time (WST) in advance so they can arrive and start with minimal waiting. Details:
BEFORE RACE DAY
- Check your entry details from Friday 16 October using this online results link: https://tinyurl.com/20MCVRF
- The same details will be displayed on boards when you collect your bib
- The bib has an electronic timing tag on the back linked to you and the race you have entered, so you cannot use someone else’s bib
- Notify officials at bib pick-up if any of your entry information needs changing eg you are changing races
- Note your WST and write it on your bib using a waterproof marker so it stands out. These times represent time of day.
- You can also write your name on your bib if you wish
ON RACE DAY
- Attach the bib at WAIST HEIGHT (NOT chest!) to the OUTSIDE FRONT of whatever you will be wearing. Do not bend or fold the tag or tamper with it.
- Please arrive with only enough time to prepare for your start, so 30 minutes or less beforehand
- The start and finish lines are at the same location in the Hardys Wine grounds, and will be marked by an inflatable arch with 3 start chutes extending under it.
- You will enter one of the 3 start chutes from the Main Rd side, in order according to the WST on your bib. Please help officials by checking bibs around you and letting those with an earlier WST go first.
- Once in the start chutes, stand in the middle to keep 1.5m distance from others, and level with the crowd control barrier joins
- When you reach the front, you will be started three at a time, 10 seconds after the previous wave & 5-10m from the start timing mat. Your actual start time will be when you run across the mat.
- Nothing can cover or be lower than your bib eg your hands as you operate a watch, a nutrition belt, clothing or anything else. All of these can be HIGHER than the bib.
- All finishers will cross the timing mats under the arch and exit the chute to the left
- You must notify Timing Officials at the finish line:
- if you cut the course short (for example by taking a shortcut), as we may inadvertently think you have won the race.
- if you lose your race number bib during the race
- if you pull out of your race before finishing (you can also text 0411495635).
- Please leave as soon as possible after finishing
- Remember to check your results online
AFTER RACE DAY
- After finish line video has been uploaded, re-visit the results page to get a link to your finish moment
- All results will be “Provisional” until 6pm Wednesday 21 October, after which they will be “Final”. Queries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before this time.
EVENT ENTRY COSTS
NOTE: Members usually get 20% Discount off General Fees on all events- CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!