A picturesque course leaving from Wigley Reserve, Glenelg, and heading south along the coast, takes in the new scenic Somerton boardwalk, before returning to Glenelg. SARRC’s last event for the year gives you a chance to record your PB over the 10 and 5 km distances.
Due to COVID-19 Safe plans the trickle start developed for the 2020 Adelaide Marathon will be used (the Adelaide Start).
- Finisher Medal for both events
- Electronic Timing
- Drink Stations – water
- Water, sports drink and fruit at finish
- First Aid
- Event Photography for purchase from GeoSnapShot
Bib Pickup times
Friday 1200-6pm : SARRC Office 467 Morphett St Adelaide (South Terrace end)
Saturday 9:00 am to 1:00pm : same location
Sunday (Race Day) from 6:30am
On Race day
7:45am Start of 5km – trickle waves (Adelaide Start)
8:00am Start of 10km – trickle waves (Adelaide Start)
Trophy Winners – 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in the 10kms and 5kms event.
Presentations time 5kms will be at 8.30am
Presentations time 10kms will be 9.00am
Online registrations close 11.59pm Wednesday 11 November 2020
Late Manual Entries apply from Thursday 12 November 2020.
2020 event registrations now re-opened.
The marking on the course will be COUNTDOWN (that is km to go). This map shows the drink stations, turn-points and the COUNTDOWN km locations.
COURSE MAP 5km and 10km COUNTDOWN
TIMING INSTRUCTIONS - click to view
SARRC’s Covid Management Plan for the Glenelg Classic requires all participants to maximise social distancing. This impacts how you will start, how your time will be recorded and how placings will be calculated. Essentially your event will become a time trial where your own precise start and finish times will determine your overall time and all resultant placings. Starters in all events will be given a “Trickle” or “Wave” start time (WST) in advance so they can arrive and start with minimal waiting. Details:
BEFORE RACE DAY
- Check your entry details from Friday 13 November using this online results link: https://tinyurl.com/20GLNLGC
- The same details will be displayed on boards when you collect your bib
- The bib has an electronic timing tag on the back linked to you and the race you have entered, so you cannot use someone else’s bib
- Notify officials at bib pick-up if any of your entry information needs changing eg you are changing races
- Note your WST and write it on your bib using a waterproof marker so it stands out. These times represent time of day.
- You can also write your name on your bib if you wish
ON RACE DAY
- Attach the bib at WAIST HEIGHT (NOT chest!) to the OUTSIDE FRONT of whatever you will be wearing. Do not bend or fold the tag or tamper with it.
- Please arrive with only enough time to prepare for your start, so 30 minutes or less beforehand
- The start and finish lines are at the same location on Wigley Reserve, and will be marked by an inflatable arch with 3 start chutes extending under it.
- You will enter one of the 3 start chutes from the east/Adelphi Tce end, and in order according to the WST on your bib. Please help officials by checking bibs around you and letting those with an earlier WST go first.
- Once in the start chutes, stand in the middle to keep 1.5m distance from others and level with the crowd control barrier joins
- When you reach the front, you will be started three at a time, approximately 10 seconds after the previous wave & 5-10m from the start timing mat. Your actual start time will be when you run across the mat.
- Nothing can cover or be lower than your bib eg your hands as you operate a watch, a nutrition belt, clothing or anything else. All of these can be HIGHER than the bib.
- All finishers will cross the timing mats under the arch and exit the finish chute to the left. Early 5k finishers must look out for 10k runners who might still be starting
- You must notify Timing Officials at the finish line:
- if you cut the course short (for example by taking a shortcut), as we may inadvertently think you have won the race.
- if you lose your race number bib during the race
- if you pull out of your race before finishing (you can also text 0411495635).
- Please check the event website (https://sarrc.org.au/event/glenelg-classic-2020/) for times of any award presentations, otherwise you should leave as soon as possible after finishing
- Remember to check your results online
AFTER RACE DAY
- After finish line video has been uploaded, re-visit the results page to get a link to your finish moment
- All results will be “Provisional” until 6pm Wednesday 18 November, after which they will be “Final”. Queries must be emailed to [email protected] before this time.
EVENT ENTRY COSTS
NOTE: Members usually get 20% Discount off General Fees on all events- CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!