Event Location: Belair Railway Station, Upper Sturt Road, Belair
The Yurrebilla Trail is one of Adelaide’s treasures. The trail winds its way through a series of National Parks and Conservation Reserves under the Mt Lofty summit, as it makes its way across the western face of the Adelaide Hills.
Never more than 12 km from the centre of Adelaide, Yurrebilla 56K Ultra offers stunning views, amazing gorges, waterfalls, wildlife and wildflowers. Yurrebilla 56K Ultra is an ideal event for all comers. It is not only for those people who want to race hard, it is also a great event for people who are new to ultramarathons and want to see if they have what it takes. The focus of the event is on supporting runners of all abilities to complete the 56km trail with support stops along the route. The closeness of the trail to services by way of access roads and fire tracks also guarantees runner safety, without lessening in any way the experience of a unique bush trail.
There’s also a 28k event starting from Coach Road, Ashton and a 1k Kids event on offer.
- Finisher Medal for all Events
- Electronic Timing & Certificates
- Drink & Food Aid Station Support, refer to Event Handbook above
- Finish Line / Post Event Runners’ Village
- Event photography for purchase
Maps and Pacing
Event Handbook (the 2019 issue will be updated by September 6th)
56k Wave Start Times
9.5 – 11.5 hours – 6am 7.5 – 9.5 hours – 7am Less than 7.5 hours – 8am Less than 6.5 hours (‘Outright Race Group’) – 8.30am
- You must register in the ‘Outright Race Group’ to be considered for podium finish. This enables contenders to be aware of their competition and is in accordance with IAAF rule 165(24)(e) relating to gun time.
- To qualify for AURA awards you may need to start in the Outright Race Group.
- You must register and run in the appropriate group for your speed. Doing so ensures we are able to correctly record your time, ensure aid stations are open / ready for you, and ensure access
- Please be aware that if you arrive at specified aid stations BEFORE they are due to open, you will not be permitted to proceed until the open time elapses. Any entrant who departs before an aid station open time will be disqualified. Please see the Briefing above for details.
28k Start Time
Kids Fun Run Start Time
03:30pm at Foxfield Oval
Bib collection, late entries and changes are available on Saturday from 9am to 4pm at Joggers World, upstairs at 123 Pirie St. Bib collection will also be available at the start lines. If you are catching a bus to the start, it would be best to collect your bib on the Saturday to avoid being rushed at the start line.
Transport to the Start
We have booked buses to transport you from the finish line at Foxfield Oval to the start lines at Belair and Coach Rd, tickets are $10.
You can book a bus as part of your registration when you enter the event. If you have already entered and need to add a bus ticket, you can do this by logging into your event registration here and selecting additional merchandise.
Most runners have found that they do not need to carry any extra food, as there is more than enough provided at the many drink stations.
If you wish to access personal food/clothing during the race, please place your gear in a bag labelled with your name, bib number and the location where you want the bag to be taken, either: A. ‘Cleland Conservation Park’ (21kms); B. ‘Morialta Cottage’ (37kms); or C. ‘Foxfield Oval’ (finish). Once you have labelled your bag correctly, please leave it at in the allocated section at the Start Line for transport. You may also drop your bags at bib collection at Joggers World on Saturday.
EVENT ENTRY COSTS
|FEE STRUCTURE||Super Early Bird||Early Bird||General|
IMPORTANT EVENT ENTRY DEADLINES
|Entries Open||Sunday 3rd November 2018|
|Super Early Bird Close||Midnight Sunday 19th November 2018|
|Early Bird Close||Midnight Sunday 18th August 2019|
|Last day to enter to have your name on your bib||Midnight Sunday 8th September 2019|
|Self edit, including distance & participant transfers||Midnight Sunday 8th September 2019|
|Entries Close||Midday Tuesday 17th September|
|Late entries incur a $10 late fee||Late entries are available at bib collection on Saturday 21st September.|