There has been a great response to SARRC’s 2018 Triple Crown Series Medal designs.
We have slightly re-worked the way that we run the Triple Crown Series in 2018 and with living the SARRC values as an inclusive club giving everyone an opportunity to run, we not only have the series aimed at completing the 3 half marathons, we now have opened up the series to allow 5km and 10km distances be included for all runners as well.
When you cross the finish line of your first event at Clare Valley you will receive a medal from that distance and then a medal from the second in the series at Greenbelt and subsequently at the third at McLaren Vale, you can put all 3 medals together to create your Triple Crown Series Medal.
3 Medals that fit together!
For the first time, medals will be available across all distances for Clare Valley Half Marathon, 10km, 5km, the Greenbelt Challange 30km, Greenbelt Half Marathon, 10km, 5km, and finally the McLaren Vale Half Marathon, 10km, 5km.
You will love wearing these as much as we’ve enjoyed designing them!
Clare Valley event medals
Greenbelt Challenge event medals
McLaren Vale event medals
Three medals stacked together.
You don’t even have to complete three events of the same distance for the medals to fit together! 5K Clare will fit with 30K Greenbelt which will fit with 10K McLaren Vale. Even the medals are inclusive!
SARRC 2018 TRIPLE CROWN SERIES (TCS) – Points score and rules
SARRC will recognize 2018 Triple Crown Series Winners across 3 distances and in the following age groups: Under 12 years, 12-14, 15-17, 18-19, 20-29 and then 10 year age groups etc to whatever age the oldest runner will be. Taking into account SARRC’s “minimum ages” policy, Triple Crown Series awards will, therefore, be allocated to both genders in these age groups. 80 years and older will be added if there are any finishers:
Age groups will be determined by age as of the day of the first event ie 22/4/18Finishers will be awarded points based on their AGE GROUP NET TIME FINISH POSITION at:
1. 22/4/18 Clare Valley
2. 22/7/18 Greenbelt Challenge
3. 14/10/18 McLaren Vale
Points will be awarded to all finishers as follows:
1. After results have been proclaimed “FINAL”
2. Points should also be “FINAL” at this time but will be adjusted if a finisher has made an error with their entry
3. Using these points scores
Points will be published as follows:
– The online results for each race will have 3 extra columns:
“TCS & CC Cats” showing each finisher’s category
“TCS Cat Pos” showing each finisher’s TCS category position
“TCS Points” showing each finisher’s Triple Crown Series points for that race– The SARRC website will have a downloadable file of accumulated results after each event
– Entrants will be matched across events in the series using their name, gender and date of birth, so all of these must remain the same when entering events or duplicates will be created eg Dave Smith and David Smith will create two series entrants and points will not be totalled for the one person
– If there is a tie after the three events, whoever finishes first at McLaren Vale will win
– Feedback on the TCS, including ideas for improving it in future, should be emailed to SARRC and copied to [email protected]